Here is my comment policy, and technical help if you want to include equations in your comments:
1) Please feel welcome to leave comments on old posts—pretend they were all written yesterday!
2) You can include LaTeX formulae in your comments by putting double dollar signs on either side. For example, becomes . If you want to break it out into its own line, just place an "!" immediately after the first pair of dollar signs. (Don't try to use the wordpress.com format, since that doesn't work on wordpress.org blogs)
3) Don't use the symbols < or > in your comment (unless you use just one), as WordPress may intepret them as an html tag and mutilate your comment. You can make these symbols by inserting \lt or \gt inside of the double dollar signs, for < or > respectively.
4) This is a Christian website, which exists for the purpose of glorifying God. Commenters with other beliefs are welcome to comment on the site for purposes of friendly discussion, but I ask that you refrain from gratuitious blasphemy (i.e. derogatory insults and jokes directed at God which aren't necessary in order to respectfully state your position.) I also ask that you be civil to the other commenters.
5) Commenters should provide a valid email address in the comment form, so that I can write to you privately if there is an administrative issue that shouldn't be shared with everyone. This email address is not visible to the public.
6) If you figure out any other way to abuse the process, I may have to invent some ex post facto rules in a hurry. But I would rather have a community of people who use common sense when deciding what kinds of comments are suitable.